My Pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/andrewjkirby/India02?feat=directlink)

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Second to last week

...So its been a pretty good start to the week! Alex and I got to see a baby being born on Tuesday which was great. Alex had never seen one before so he loved it! He very nearly got covered in amniotic fluid though, but he moved out of the way quick enough. The doctor who was delivering wasn't so lucky... quite funny really.

Played some more sport yesterday, getting better at badminton now which is nice; and found my rhythm on the table tennis table too. Looking forward to playing some hockey when i get back home though!

This morning I was in theatre again. I was able to scrub in again for an appendectomy and sutured them up afterwards. I've been learning how to suture every now and then, but this is the first one that I've done completely and no-one has had to fiddle with afterwards.... Hopefully!

I am now officially the only elective student (of 6) not to come down with some stomach bug. Alex got a bit ill this morning, and the others all took yesterday off to stay in bed. So hopefully, I've escaped unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment